AWANA helps parents to raise children to know, love and serve Jesus Christ. Awana is our midweek discipleship club where children have the opportunity to memorize, study, and learn life lessons from important passages of the Bible to help them grow spiritually, have a blast playing exciting games and activities, and worship Him with great music! Awana meets weekly on Wednesdays, from 6:00 – 7:15 pm (check-in begins at 5:45pm), and starts September 30, 2020.
Awana is divided into four segments:
1. Games: Kids participate in fun and exciting games on the Awana Game Square.
2. Handbook & Small Groups: Kids study, memorize and review scripture in smaller groups.
3. Large Group: Kids participate in a Bible lesson specifically for them to apply to their life.
4. Closing: Everyone participates in worship with music and motions.
We have four divisions of Awana Clubs:
1. Puggles: For 18-36 mos.
2. Cubbies: For 3-4 yr. olds (3 yrs. old by September 1st).
3. Sparks: For Kindergarten – 2nd grade.
4. Truth and Training (T &T): For 3rd – 5th grades.
The name Awana stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed, and comes from 2 Timothy 2:15 which says, “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.”
Update (9/29/2020): Awana is currently at maximum capacity for the number of leaders we have available. Please email Colleen Ishimaru if you would like your child(ren) placed on the waiting list. Include child’s name, birthdate, grade level, parent’s phone number and email address with your request. We will do everything possible to provide a space in the program.
Awana meets on Wednesday evenings, beginning September 30 and continues every week, with a few breaks for holidays, until June 2, 2021. Our current meeting time is 6:00 – 7:15 p.m. for both in person as well as our virtual program.
Would you like to Volunteer in Awana Clubs while your child is participating? Please contact Colleen Ishimaru at email@example.com for more information.