Worship & Arts
Worship & Arts
The Worship and Arts Ministry is a community of artists who are called to worship God, serve the body, and proclaim the gospel. Our hope is to foster a culture of worship at PCC and beyond by faithfully stirring the heart’s longing for God.
“Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms.” -1 Peter 4:10
We also believe that as an artistic community we are called to invest in each others’ lives, as we discover our own unique ministry calling, develop our gifts, and encourage one another to grow in our relationship with Christ. On Sundays, we use artistic expressions to tell God’s story and invite people to respond with us. It’s simply a gathering to adjust our perspective and to recalibrate our hearts and lives, remembering who God is and who we are in light of Jesus.
These characterize the vibe of the Peninsula Worship and Arts team:
1. Our identity is in Christ and our vocation (calling). It is not in our function.
2. We will seek continual growth as artists…
3. We will be missional in approach as we make God known among the nations, including this one.
4. We will foster a culture of freedom in ministry where the person is valued and team is emphasized.
5. Our programming will seek to stir the heart’s longing for God. For this to occur, both content and delivery must be excellent. (Since excellence is generally relative and subjective, our working definition of excellence is doing the best with what we have.)